Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Only for Net

I've never blogged before, not even close. I don't even Facebook. That makes this the second of at least three kinda big things I'd most likely never have done in my life but for Annette. The first was jumping out of an airplane on her 30th birthday (with a disturbingly lecherous "instructor" strapped tightly onto my back, but that's another story). Then this public blogging thing. (Sounds alarmingly like public flogging!) Soon to be followed by the actual extended backpacking/wilderness activity. Brand new to me. Oh, and the packing light - I think personally that should maybe count as a whole separate and adventurous new undertaking in itself. That would make four things... only for Net.

So this is my practice run because Annette's asked me to keep the blogosphere posted on her whereabouts along the trail (except for the six days that I am with her!) via the SPOT tracking system; some sort of GPS device which will send me messages of her exact latitude and longitude as she progresses. More on that when Mark teaches me a little something about it so I have a clue. Right Mark? Meanwhile we can't decide if this makes Annette seem more like tagged wildlife or an ankle-braceleted parolee, but either way if I am mapping along and see her veering off towards some remote but convenient Nordstrom or Starbucks location, I think I am able to administer a mild electric shock that should help to set her quickly back on her righteous and intended path. So I feel pretty important.

Looking forward, sending love, Nina.

3 comments:

  1. Hee heee hee!! I do like the idea of Net as tagged wildlife!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Kiddo......Has to be absolutely frickin' amazing up there!!! Listen to your body...(i.e. DON'T FRICKIN' PUSH IT!!!!!!)....XOXOX...bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. No surprise by reading the July 27th Blog that you are "kicking ass, and taking names"...... BUT....listen to your body.....hike smart....

    xoxoxo....bill and penny

    ReplyDelete