Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh these photos of the beginning of the segment we were meant to be on are breaking my heart. Long story short my Grandma's death was so imminent as our departure day loomed, that I had to forgo the trek in order to make it to her funeral. It was one of the more difficult choices I can ever remember having to make. Once Doug and I arrived at the gravesite in Philadelphia along with all four of Grandma's sons (and five of their ex-wives), all twelve of her grandchildren, and a few of her thirteen great grandchildren, it was clear I was where I needed to be. But not without a cost. And now, to my dismay, Net, Dianne, and Ariel look unfazed and entirely prepared to carry on without us. Fine then...

To top it all off, yesterday as soon as our plane touched back down at SFO the "Check-in/OK Message" from Net's tracking device dropped into my cell phone. Like salt in my wound. Wish you were here indeed:

Click the link below to see where I am located.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=37.63185,-119.08566&ll=37.63185,-119.08566&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1
Message:I am great and loving every step. Wish you were here.
Net

1 comment:

  1. NIna!! We truly missed you & Doug, but as you can see, Seg 2 had a mind of its own! You just can't plan fun, but you can try: Next year, we have a date to do the Seg 2 hike again, this time from the bottom up. Perhaps a more gradual climb? Are you in????

    ReplyDelete